Sunday, 14 October 2018

All About The 'G.E.N.T.L.E.' Goals Method*


Now, it's safe to say that I'm not shy when it comes to talking about mental wellness and the real-life issues that us teenagers and young people go through in today's society. I'm no stranger to opening up and I'll always strive to help others live their best lives.

In this post, I'm going to be sharing with you an innotivate, beautifully designed workbook that emphasises the idea of G.E.N.T.L.E. goals and how you can implement this method into your daily routine. So, grab a hot chocolate, get comfy in bed and listen to me sing songs of praise about this cool creation...

CraZyCreativeCool offer a support system for young women, who are in dire need of raising their self-esteem and overcoming any negative beliefs that limit their capabilities, especially if you have struggled with your mental health for a long period of time.

We currently live in a world, which is so obsessed with technology and what everyone else on social media is doing that we don't focus on how to better ourselves as individuals. We want to please those who are deemed 'popular', we want to be seen as worthy of that fuckboys attention, we want to be the best at what we do. Nevermind the fact that this is damaging our mind more than we care to stop and realise. 

This is why you need the G.E.N.T.L.E. goal setting method in your life. It stands for: Gratitude, Emotion, Nutrition, To Do List, Learn and Experience.

Gratitude is hugely important - more so now than ever. When all the negative thoughts are clouding your vision, it can be so hard to think about what you are appreciative and thankful for. All of last year, I tried to think of at least 1 or more positive things that had happened to me each day, no matter how small they were. Seeing a nice sunset, going on a woodland walk with your dog, eating some vegetables with your warm, home cooked meal. At the end of each day, just spend 5 minutes thinking about, and writing down the things that have made you happy, or the things that you are glad you have in your life. Everything will add up quicker than you would imagine.

Emotion focuses on allowing yourself to simply feel. We are so hard on ourselves these days, and it's not uncommon that we become filled with rage when something makes us want to cry. If something makes you angry, upset, envious, anxious, or any other emotion, try to embrace it. Embrace it, write it down, reflect on what has caused you to feel that way, and then do something positive to channel these emotions instead. Watch a sad film, phone a friend, get some fresh air. Do anything to distract yourself.

Nutrition looks at what we put into our bodies and the effect that they have on us. Eating a ton of sugar may give you a quick fix, but then you will most likely become sluggish and bloated. Allow yourself a treat every now and then, say 20% of the time, but for the other 80%, focus on nourishing your body and try to view food as your fuel. The workbook says that avocados and spinach, which are both high in folate, can support your mood - and they will give you so many other health benefits!

To do lists can help you to feel grounded, and give you a sense of ambition, as you're working towards something that will lead you to a desired result. They can allow you to clear your mind and have some more structure to your days, aiding productivity.

Learning and doing your own research on things, whether that be the mental illnesses that are close to your heart, opportunities relating to your career, or anything else of interest to you can have such an impact on your life. Having a growth mindset is key to being able to achieve the things you want to achieve, and it could enable you to gain the confidence to learn new skills and eventually step out of your comfort zone too.

Experience is all about making priorities. Keep a note of all the things that make you feel happy, or enriched and make more of an effort to do them when you can. If an opportunity presents itself to you whereby you can grow from it, network or, enjoy yourself, then take that leap of faith and go for it. Your comfort zone isn't a place that will allow you to grow. Safety will never allow you to grow.

I was lucky enough to get sent my copy of this workbook for free, as I'm friends with the gorgeous Suz aka the lady behind the magic, but you can pick up yours for just £7.99 here!

I'm aware this is quite a lengthy review, but I really wanted to do the product and the brand justice, because I'm sure it will help so many people that are reading this post, and trust my opinion.

Are you going to go and make an order now?

Love and light always,


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig